Thank you for your interest in giving to the Department of Psychology. The generous support and continued involvement of our alumni and friends allow us to continue the mission of our department and its service to students.
We are currently seeking funds for the Department of Psychology Gift Fund, which supports undergraduate and graduate student awards, student and faculty research projects, and other projects and activities that enhance the vitality of the department.
Additionally, a central component of our development plan is the establishment of a Psychology Endowment. The endowment fund will be used to support undergraduate scholarships, graduate student fellowships, and named professorships.
How to Give
Giving is quick, easy, and secure:
- Open the University’s online giving page.
- In the “Find your fund” search box, you can locate the general Psychology Gift Fund to help us fund our most urgent needs.
- Or search for one of our specific funds, including funds for scholarships, centers, and lecture series (see below).
- Complete the remainder of the form, and then submit your information. You’ll be directed to the payment page. There’s also an option to share your gift on social media.
Support an Undergraduate Scholarship
- The Professor Alfred A. Baumeister Endowed Support Fund
- The Norman R. Ellis Endowed Scholarship
- The Anna Gordon Memorial Endowed Scholarship
Support a Graduate Scholarship or Fellowship
- The Elizabeth Young Lacey Endowed Graduate Fellowship in Psychology
- The Dorothy Sue Jordan Pate Endowed Scholarship in Psychology
- The Margaret S. Quayle Scholarship Fund
- The John E. Lochman Endowed Graduate Scholarship in Psychology
Support a Lecture Series
- The Harold Basowitz Endowed Lectureship in Psychology
- The Michael Dinoff Memorial Endowed Support Fund
Support a Clinic or Research Center
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic (ASD)
- UA-Acts Program Gift Fund
- Alabama Research Institute on Aging (ARIA)
- The Center for Youth Development and Intervention (CYDI)
The department is seeking alumni, friends, and corporate sponsors who wish to participate in the Psychology Endowment Fund. For information about major gift-giving, contact Dr. Rebecca Allen, Interim Department Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (205) 348-9891.
Major Gifts and Planned Giving
Please contact Kelli Harris, College of Arts and Sciences Director of Development, at (205) 348-9826 or email@example.com.