The department is committed to excellence in scholarship in psychological science and to encouraging the application of psychology for the betterment of society. We seek to provide the highest quality educational experience and training for undergraduate and graduate students via our teaching, research, and service. We embrace diversity, inclusion, and cultural humility as integral to our mission.
The Department of Psychology will be a nationally and internationally recognized model for undergraduate and graduate education, exemplifying the values of equity, inclusion, and social justice. Students and faculty will make significant contributions to the science and practice of psychology. Our graduates will be meaningful members of the local, national, and international communities.
Our Strategic Goals
- Foster diversity, inclusion, and equity across faculty, staff, and students as integral to fulfilling our mission.
- Produce original research that advances psychological science and impacts society on a global level.
- Cultivate a diverse, supportive and productive work environment that fosters the recruitment, retention, and success of outstanding faculty, staff, and students.
- Prepare the next generation of critical thinkers, researchers, educators, and practitioners in the behavioral sciences.
- Apply psychological science to promote health and well-being both locally and globally.