Ways to Give to the Psychology Department
The Department of Psychology seeks to involve our alumni and friends in a program of charitable giving. We are currently seeking funds for the Department of Psychology Gift Fund. The fund is intended to support undergraduate and graduate student awards, students and faculty research projects, and other projects and activities that enhance the vitality of the department.
A central component of the Department of Psychology’s development plan is the establishment of a Psychology Endowment. The endowment fund will be used to support undergraduate scholarships, graduate student fellowships, and named professorships.
Support the Psychology Gift Fund
- This provides the most flexibility for the use of your gift.
Support an Undergraduate Scholarship
- Professor Alfred A. Baumeister Endowed Support Fund
- Norman R. Ellis Endowed Scholarship
- Anna Gordon Memorial Endowed Scholarship
Support a Graduate Scholarship or Fellowship
- Elizabeth Young Lacey Endowed Graduate Fellowship in Psychology
- Dorothy Sue Jordan Pate Endowed Scholarship in Psychology
- Margaret S. Quayle Scholarship Fund
Support a Lecture Series
- Harold Basowitz Endowed Lectureship in Psychology
- Michael Dinoff Memorial Endowed Support Fund
How to make a tax-deductible donation
Go to give.ua.edu and use the search tool to find one of the funds listed above.
How to make a major gift or to discuss planned giving
Please contact Kelli Harris, College of Arts and Sciences Director of Development
205-348-9826, or email@example.com.
More ways to give
- Email a faculty of staff member to tell them how you are doing
- Visit the department….and give a talk!
- Write an article for an upcoming newsletter
- Offer to organize a Psychology Alumni event
- Attend a departmental colloquium
- Hire a UA psychology major
- Provide an internship for a UA psychology major
Alumni, friends, and corporate sponsors are being sought who wish to participate in the department’s endowment fund. For information on major gift giving please contact
Dr. Frances Conners, Chair
Professor of Psychology
Department of Psychology
University of Alabama
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0348