The Department of Psychology seeks to involve our alumni and friends in a program of charitable giving. We are currently seeking funds for the Department of Psychology Gift Fund. The fund is intended to support undergraduate and graduate student awards, students and faculty research projects, and other projects and activities that enhance the vitality of the department.
A central component of the Department of Psychology’s development plan is the establishment of a Psychology Endowment. The endowment fund will be used to support undergraduate scholarships, graduate student fellowships, and named professorships.
Making a Gift to the Psychology Gift Fund
- Access the University’s giving website: https://www.ua.edu/advancement/giving/donate/
- Where would you like your gift directed: Choose: “other”
- Account: Choose “other”
- Donation Code: numbers can be found below for our different accounts OR
- You may type in the name of your preferred account in the first text box provided. Example: “Psychology Gift Fund” or “Anna Gordon Memorial Endowed Scholarship.”
- Please provide the name of anybody you would like to honor in the second text box. This is also the place to designate if you’d like to direct your gift to the Anna Gordon Memorial Scholarship fund or the Dr. Alfred Baumeister Memorial fund.
- If your employer or your spouse’s employer gift matches, please check the box. Type the employer’s name in the box that appears and mail the employers gift-match form to the address that shows directly below that text box.
- Choose the method of pledge you’d like to use and click “Submit.”
- You will be directed to the payment page.
- Please select Gift amount: Use drop down or select “other” if your desired amount does not appear
- Fill in your contact information and your mailing address.
- After you click “submit my gift,” you will be directed to the payment screen. You may choose to pay by either credit card or electronic check. (Electronic check debits directly from your checking account. You will need your bank’s routing number for this option.)
Psychology Gift Fund Accounts
- #30735 Psychology Gift Fund
- #53708 The Anna Gordon Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- #52901 The Harold Basowitz Endowed Lecture
- #30308 The Dr. Alfred A. Baumeister Memorial Fund
- #52235 The Michael Dinoff Memorial Lecture
- #53311 The Norman Ellis Endowed Scholarship
Alumni, friends, and corporate sponsors are being sought who wish to participate in the department’s endowment fund. For information on major gift giving please contact
Dr. Frances Conners, Chair
Professor of Psychology
Department of Psychology
University of Alabama
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0348